Use a fast-marching level-set method to segment fibre orientation distributions, and save parameters of interest as fixel images
fod2fixel [ options ] fod fixel_directory
- fod: the input fod image.
- fixel_directory: the output fixel directory
- -mask image only perform computation within the specified binary brain mask image.
Metric values for fixel-based sparse output images¶
- -afd image output the total Apparent Fibre Density per fixel (integral of FOD lobe)
- -peak image output the peak FOD amplitude per fixel
- -disp image output a measure of dispersion per fixel as the ratio between FOD lobe integral and peak amplitude
FOD FMLS segmenter options¶
- -fmls_integral value threshold absolute numerical integral of positive FOD lobes. Any lobe for which the integral is smaller than this threshold will be discarded. Default: 0.
- -fmls_peak_value value threshold the raw peak amplitude of positive FOD lobes. Any lobe for which the peak amplitude is smaller than this threshold will be discarded. Default: 0.1.
- -fmls_no_thresholds disable all FOD lobe thresholding; every lobe with a positive FOD amplitude will be retained.
- -fmls_peak_ratio_to_merge value specify the amplitude ratio between a sample and the smallest peak amplitude of the adjoining lobes, above which the lobes will be merged. This is the relative amplitude between the smallest of two adjoining lobes, and the ‘bridge’ between the two lobes. A value of 1.0 will never merge two peaks into a single lobe; a value of 0.0 will always merge lobes unless they are bisected by a zero crossing. Default: 1.
- -nii output the directions and index file in nii format (instead of the default mif)
- -dirpeak define the fixel direction as the peak lobe direction as opposed to the lobe mean
- -info display information messages.
- -quiet do not display information messages or progress status.
- -debug display debugging messages.
- -force force overwrite of output files. Caution: Using the same file as input and output might cause unexpected behaviour.
- -nthreads number use this number of threads in multi-threaded applications (set to 0 to disable multi-threading)
- -failonwarn terminate program if a warning is produced
- -help display this information page and exit.
- -version display version information and exit.
- Reference for the FOD segmentation method:Smith, R. E.; Tournier, J.-D.; Calamante, F. & Connelly, A. SIFT: Spherical-deconvolution informed filtering of tractograms. NeuroImage, 2013, 67, 298-312 (Appendix 2)
- Reference for Apparent Fibre Density:Raffelt, D.; Tournier, J.-D.; Rose, S.; Ridgway, G.R.; Henderson, R.; Crozier, S.; Salvado, O.; Connelly, A. Apparent Fibre Density: a novel measure for the analysis of diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance images.Neuroimage, 2012, 15;59(4), 3976-94.
Author: Robert E. Smith (email@example.com)
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2008-2017 the MRtrix3 contributors.
This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this file, you can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/.
MRtrix is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
For more details, see http://www.mrtrix.org/.