Concatenate several images into one
mrcat [ options ] image1 image2 [ image2 ... ] output
- image1: the first input image.
- image2: additional input image(s).
- output: the output image.
Concatenate individual 3D volumes into a single 4D image series:
$ mrcat volume*.mif series.mif
The wildcard characters will find all images in the current working directory with names that begin with “volume” and end with “.mif”; the mrcat command will receive these as a list of input file names, from which it will produce a 4D image where the input volumes have been concatenated along axis 3 (the fourth axis; the spatial axes are 0, 1 & 2).
- -axis axis specify axis along which concatenation should be performed. By default, the program will use the last non-singleton, non-spatial axis of any of the input images - in other words axis 3 or whichever axis (greater than 3) of the input images has size greater than one.
Data type options¶
- -datatype spec specify output image data type. Valid choices are: float32, float32le, float32be, float64, float64le, float64be, int64, uint64, int64le, uint64le, int64be, uint64be, int32, uint32, int32le, uint32le, int32be, uint32be, int16, uint16, int16le, uint16le, int16be, uint16be, cfloat32, cfloat32le, cfloat32be, cfloat64, cfloat64le, cfloat64be, int8, uint8, bit.
- -info display information messages.
- -quiet do not display information messages or progress status; alternatively, this can be achieved by setting the MRTRIX_QUIET environment variable to a non-empty string.
- -debug display debugging messages.
- -force force overwrite of output files (caution: using the same file as input and output might cause unexpected behaviour).
- -nthreads number use this number of threads in multi-threaded applications (set to 0 to disable multi-threading).
- -config key value (multiple uses permitted) temporarily set the value of an MRtrix config file entry.
- -help display this information page and exit.
- -version display version information and exit.
Tournier, J.-D.; Smith, R. E.; Raffelt, D.; Tabbara, R.; Dhollander, T.; Pietsch, M.; Christiaens, D.; Jeurissen, B.; Yeh, C.-H. & Connelly, A. MRtrix3: A fast, flexible and open software framework for medical image processing and visualisation. NeuroImage, 2019, 202, 116137
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2008-2020 the MRtrix3 contributors.
This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/.
Covered Software is provided under this License on an “as is” basis, without warranty of any kind, either expressed, implied, or statutory, including, without limitation, warranties that the Covered Software is free of defects, merchantable, fit for a particular purpose or non-infringing. See the Mozilla Public License v. 2.0 for more details.
For more details, see http://www.mrtrix.org/.